[wp-forums] Giving WordPress.org permission to publish information publicly

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Sat Mar 8 21:21:47 UTC 2014

On Sat, Mar 8, 2014 at 3:14 PM, andrew nevins
<andrew.nevins.misc at gmail.com>wrote:

> Actually most of the non-WordPress.org results are just those spam sites
> that mimick WordPress.org, so yes, I am confused as to what he wanted
> moderated too.

Actually, it looks like somebody edited the posts for him after all and
removed whatever he wanted removed.

I'm not opposed to anybody doing this if one of the mods doesn't mind
dealing with it, but the general answer for anything along these lines
should be "no" so as to prevent it from becoming a case of that sort of
thing happening all the time.

The only one that really annoys me is when somebody comes to the forums for
help, posts a link to the site and gets help with it, then a month later
comes back and says "Remove the link because that site was a client's site
and now they might think I don't know what I'm doing because I got help
from the forums." This has happened quite often.

-Otto