[wp-forums] Request to edit .ORG profiles

Jan Dembowski jan at dembowski.net
Tue Jul 15 15:51:51 UTC 2014

Putting aside the fact that forum moderators can't edit .ORG profiles
(not forum profiles, those we can edit) I do not think this request
should be entertained.

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/please-remove-some-fake-and-spammy-profiles?replies=10&view=all

Part of the reason posts are not edited except in extreme cases is that
editing posts on requests can be a full time job. One that would
suck-wind-loudly at that.

Would someone like to chime in on that topic? I've already explained
that SERP is not a good reason to generate that work load. I don't want
to argue with that member but I do think that topic should be closed
with a "I'm sorry but those profiles will not be edited for those reasons."

--
Jan Dembowski
https://blog.dembowski.net/