[wp-forums] Multisite Assistance Needed with site/home URL Mess

Dot 07 dot07.com at gmail.com
Thu Jul 10 17:08:22 UTC 2014

> James Huff <mailto:james at automattic.com>
> Thursday, July 10, 2014 08:50
> Yeah, I wish he would have mentioned it before the 20th reply and
> actually put it in the right forum to begin with. :/
>
> Dot 07 took over last night, and 8-pages in so far, it looks like he’s
> close to a solution.
>
> ________
> James Huff
> http://macmanx.com
> http://automattic.com
>
> On July 10, 2014 at 8:48:24 AM, Half-Elf on Tech (ipstenu at halfelf.org)
> wrote:
>
> Pro tip for everyone?
>
> DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CHANGE MULTISITE URLS LIKE YOU WOULD SINGLE SITE!
>
> Just don't. It's in teh DB in different places, and I wrote
> https://codex.wordpress.org/Moving_WordPress#Moving_WordPress_Multisite
> for a reason :)
>
> ALWAYS treat it like MOVING multisite.
>
> I'll take a look but ... he may be SOL if the dev is gone and he doesn't
> have the skills to DB dance.
>
> Marius Jensen wrote:
> Thursday, July 10, 2014 08:48
> Pro tip for everyone?
>
> DO NOT ATTEMPT TO CHANGE MULTISITE URLS LIKE YOU WOULD SINGLE SITE!
>
> Just don't. It's in teh DB in different places, and I wrote
> https://codex.wordpress.org/Moving_WordPress#Moving_WordPress_Multisite for
> a reason :)
>
> ALWAYS treat it like MOVING multisite.
>
> I'll take a look but ... he may be SOL if the dev is gone and he
> doesn't have the skills to DB dance.

> Wednesday, July 09, 2014 22:32
> I'm not going to step in as I'm not 100% certain on this, but I have seen
> it happen and I believe it's a known bug with redirects for wp-admin.
>
> Just visiting mysite.com/wp-admin to login (drop the subdirectory site
> structure from it) should give access to the backend.
>
> I don't remember where I read about that bug thing though, but it's been a
> factor on my own multisite for as long as I can remember if I try to login
> using mysite.com/subsite/wp-admin or wp-login

Hi there,

Yes, I would have been done in two and a half pages had there not been a
misunderstanding between what I placed in the forum to change in the
copied index.php file and what was actually placed there.

I didn't find out until after about 6 hours and a lot of wondering why
it wasn't working and when I was waiting for him to tell me something I
might have missed, that he pasted in what he had put into the index.php
file.

Then I knew what the problem was and it was an easy fix. Well, almost..

Dot 07