[wp-forums] Closing down threads regarding old versions of WP

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Thu Jul 3 18:09:20 UTC 2014

Nothing concrete, no. I just don't think that the release schedule is
particularly relevant to the support forums. The one-year-close thing is
something I've been thinking about for a while, and while it definitely
prevents excessive chatter in the wrong (old) threads, I'm not sure it's
the best solution there.

I don't pretend to know the right answer here though. I just don't much
care for the arbitrary shutting down of unresolved threads. We do it
because it's unlikely to be useful after that amount of time, but that also
doesn't lend itself well to having useful archives or helping people with
problems. It's not the best user experience, certainly.

Still thinking about it though.

-Otto