[wp-forums] Closing down threads regarding old versions of WP

James Huff james at automattic.com
Thu Jul 3 16:37:15 UTC 2014

Sorry, my bad, last minute change of opinion in the group. Let’s go with 6 months, not 3, to better match the major release cycles.

Pros: More users opening their own threads. Less belief that an issue in 3.7 is relevant to 3.9 (for example). Less "me too!" on ancient threads.

Cons: People will no longer be able to reply to their ancient threads that they forgot about for 6 months, which isn’t actually a negative point, because we have a much better chance of seeing a new no-reply thread than a 6-month-old thread with a reply.

Otto, what do you think, and if agreed, would you please make this happen for us? :)

________
James Huff
http://macmanx.com
http://automattic.com