[wp-forums] Hoisted by my own petard...

Jan Dembowski jan at dembowski.net
Wed Jan 29 12:43:51 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 7:08 AM, esmi wrote:

> <http://wordpress.org/support/topic/how-about-some-
> documentation-1?replies=22>
>
> tl;dr: having talked the OP around, he's now willing to actually do
> something about theme & plugin documentation himself instead of insisting
> that an undefined "they" do.
>
> Whilst the obvious answer is "contact each developer", I'd rather not end
> with a reply that sounds like a fob off. I've pointed him towards Docs but
> that's really not the right place.
>
> Anyone have any bright ideas?

Saw that and laughed too (at the situation not at, well you get it). It
looks like the problem that user has is with the individual themes and
plugins documentation so aside from contacting each developer I don't think
there's much to do.

I thought it was good of you to suggest that the user review your eShop
plugin documentation but aside from contacting the Docs team I'm not sure
what else can be suggested.

Some of the theme and plugin authors may not want another person writing or
critiquing their documentation that way.

Jan Dembowski