[wp-forums] Requests and Feedback isn't How-To and Troubleshooting

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Sat Jan 25 15:29:13 UTC 2014

[side note]

Is it common practice for forum mods to suggest that users add filters and
such to their Themes' functions.php files?

If so: can we not do that?

User style modifications should always go into a Child Theme (and IMX
that's usually the advice given).

User functional modifications should go in a Site-Specific Plugin, and NOT
in a Theme, Child Theme or otherwise, because those functional changes will
be lost if/when the users switches their Theme.