[wp-forums] Use of wordpress

Jen Mylo jenmylo at wordpress.org
Fri Feb 21 18:33:16 UTC 2014

On 2/20/14 5:46 PM, Ipstenu the Half-Elf wrote:
> Dion, I think we're talking slightly different things here. Which is
> we're both right :)
>
> Trademark is trademark and you're right. But in so far as "Can I name
> my product Dancing Monkeys for WordPress?" goes, sure you can!
I tried to send this message before Dion originally replied but I sent
it from the wrong address so it floundered. Here it is again:

"Trademark-wise, "WordPress" shouldn't be in the name of any product,
extension, etc, so as not to create confusion about whether or not it's
part of the WP project. "for WordPress" or some other way of indicating
that it works with WP vs being part of the official project is the
preferred labeling method. For reference:
http://wordpressfoundation.org/trademark-policy/ "