[wp-forums] Placing this account on mod watch

Ipstenu the Half-Elf ipstenu at halfelf.org
Fri Feb 21 15:57:39 UTC 2014

FWIW, the $22 for the upsell part of the mess was kind of okay. He was
reiterating clearly "The non-linky version is the pro version. Which is
for sale." If that turned into "The extra features are in the pro
version, which is for sale." I think we'd all be okay with it. The
manner of selling ... eh.

The links though, no. And yes, do report a plugin that puts powered by
or other links like that up on the front end of a site without them
being opt-in. That's a very clear violation.

Email plugins at wordpress.org with a link to the plugin, how you verified
there's a violation, and if at all possible, a link to the link in trac
:) Makes my life so easy. I spent over an hour sorting out HOW BHN was
even doing that :/