[wp-forums] Placing this account on mod watch

esmi at quirm dot net esmi at quirm.net
Fri Feb 21 11:56:46 UTC 2014

on 21/02/2014 02:49 Jan Dembowski said the following:
> I think I'm really getting the whole "Well that escalated quickly" vibe.
> I've just coded this user and closed off this topic.
>
> https://wordpress.org/support/profile/bluehatnetwork
> https://wordpress.org/support/topic/several-issues-7?replies=28&view=all
>
> tl;dr The OP pointed out a problem with the plugin, the plugin was
> reported, the plugin got pulled and hilarity ensued.
>
> After I code the account and drafted a reply the author chimed in 4 more
> times. Those replies were zapped. If the plugin author calms down I'll
> remove the mod watch from that account.

Thanks for stepping in and putting a lid on it whilst I was sound
asleep. :-)

I did think very carefully about publically stating that I was reporting
that plugin. I appreciated that it could be seen as provocative and
that's something I would generally avoid. However, in this case, the
constant pimping of the $22 "fee" and the plugin dev's attitude
generally seemed to warrant a public assurance of "OK - we're looking at
this". I also think the odd reminder of reporting via plugins@ doesn't
come amiss.

The OP contacted me via email (just before the topic was closed)
expressing concern about the dev's later responses and suggested that
perhaps the topic could be removed. I've explained why we opt for
closing rather than deleting such topics and thanked him for raising the
issue in the first place.

Mel
--
http://quirm.net