[wp-forums] Unbozo'd

Jen Mylo jenmylo at wordpress.org
Wed Feb 12 19:40:23 UTC 2014

On 2/12/14 10:38 AM, Ipstenu the Half-Elf wrote:
> 2) Meetups - We don't HAVE a non-main forum for that, so if people
> want to find fellow locals there, let it go.
Since we once posted on wordpress.org/news for all people to post here,
not just English speakers, let's keep this forum exempt from
English-only enforcement. Planning to do away with this forum once we
get a few more pages up about meetups on the community team site anyway.

And yes, if there's going to be enforcement of English-only, then there
needs to be a posted rule about that. The guy in that thread is a
dedicated community organizer, and treating ignorance of unpublished
policy as bad behavior is not good behavior on our part. Hate to see
someone's first experience following the process we originally suggested
being met with such snark/rudeness.