[wp-forums] Disappearing topic title issue

Takayuki Miyoshi takayukister at gmail.com
Sun Feb 9 12:08:00 UTC 2014

Hello there. I'm a moderator of the Japanese forum (
http://ja.forums.wordpress.org). We are occasionally seeing issues that
topic titles disappear after opening new topics without original poster's
intention.

We have heard from some users who have encountered this issue. Apparently
it happens when a very long Japanese text is used for a title. I tested
with one of the titles which are actually used in the problematic topics,
and could reproduce the issue.

http://ja.forums.wordpress.org/topic/65611

The original title I actually input was
"新着記事表示にカテゴリー名を色分けして表示する方法(複数カテゴリーに所属している場合)", but as you see, it has
disappeared.

This issue started to happen about a month ago. We hadn't seen it before
that. So I guess it relates to any changes to the forum system applied
around that time. Were there any change?