[wp-forums] More sock puppetry and coffee needed

Jan Dembowski jan at dembowski.net
Mon Feb 3 11:17:24 UTC 2014

Good morning,

*Drinks more coffee, thinks "this is why we can't have nice things" and
promises to post to the list "nice things".*

Please keep an eye out for this behavior. While looking at the spam queue I
came across this familiar pattern.

User leaves generic short reviews and eventually makes their way to another
CAPTCHA plugin with "Hey try this other captcha plugin, it worked swell for
me!"

http://wordpress.org/plugins/captcha/

Which is from this plugin author.

http://profiles.wordpress.org/bestwebsoft/

Who has been spoken to about sock puppet accounts before.

I've just deleted the posts and blocked these accounts for this.

https://wordpress.org/support/profile/ylazi
https://wordpress.org/support/profile/xwenelg
https://wordpress.org/support/profile/scottie56

Thanks,

Jan Dembowski

P.S. CAPTCHAs are awful. And I really have a thing for sock puppets.