[wp-forums] Puppet reviews again

Jan Dembowski jan at dembowski.net
Tue Aug 19 12:24:37 UTC 2014

andrew nevins wrote:
> Promoting the pro version*facepalm*
> http://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/adrotate

I'm *really* resisting the urge to reply with

"You want this, don't you? The hate is swelling in you now. Take your
Moderator weapon. Use it. They are unarmed. Strike them down with it.
Give in to your anger. With each passing moment..."

*Drinks more coffee*

When you see that please delete the reviews, block the sock puppet
accounts, set the author account to moderation watch and shoot the
plugins team an email like so (which I'll do)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

This plugin

https://wordpress.org/plugins/adrotate/

Written by this author

https://wordpress.org/support/profile/adegans

Has posted sock puppet reviews using these accounts.

https://wordpress.org/support/profile/memberofthegreatlandofoz
https://wordpress.org/support/profile/mike61
https://wordpress.org/support/profile/jc-from-holland

The sock puppet accounts are blocked and those reviews have been
deleted. The author's account has been set to moderation watch.

While it's tempting (raises hand as being guilty on occasion) please
don't block or mark the author as inactive. It just makes more work for
the plugin team. They can deal with it and if the author behaves then
the author account can be let out of the timeout room.

--
Jan Dembowski
https://blog.dembowski.net/