[wp-forums] The "moderator" hat

it's EMG its.emg at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 19:50:04 UTC 2014

Related, I was wondering if there might be a way for us to help tag/prefix
threads (is that what it's called?) with better tags.

For example - and I have noticed this a lot - we will have people posting a
question about images not showing up and it's posted in one of the general
forums... And it turns out the issue is related to either a specific theme
or plugin or both.

If I can still help regardless of the specifity of the question, I will of
course try, but what is frustrating is when I know a theme or plugin author
could probably better help...

But because the thread doesn't have a better label (eg: posted to the
theme's own support area), it tends to be overlooked by the people who
would best suited to help.

I can't wave the person(s) over, so I've been tagging the threads using the
tag-tags in hopes of adding specifity and just trying to help in general.
 If applicable, I also link them to the better-suited section (like, plugin
specific) and some similar threads... But it feels rather inadequate.

Of course, it would help greatly if the people asking help would prefix
their threads by themes or plugins etc but a lot of the times, they
themselves don't realize it is a very specific issue likely isolated to
their particular theme or plugin.

In such a case, is there a better way to help these people get the help
they need?