[wp-forums] The "moderator" hat

Half-Elf on Tech ipstenu at halfelf.org
Thu Apr 17 20:15:36 UTC 2014

Yes, everyone represents a part of WordPress, but if Matt said, say,
'Plugin XYZ is garbage' and that was his PERSONAL opinion, it would
carry more weight.

Congratulations. The same applies to me and you. People read into things
as they want, and the more visible you are in a project, the more weight
comes with your words. Moderator or not, if you were as active as you
are and expressed opinions, people would STILL see you as more than YOU.

Which sucks, I know it does, and I know it's stupid, but that's the
universe we live in.