[wp-forums] Non-mods with custom titles

Mika Epstein ipstenu at ipstenu.org
Thu May 2 13:21:08 UTC 2013

I posted in make/support - if WordPress is your job, and you do your job in the forums you got a custom title.

The reason was that people were asking "Is this GoDaddy account REALLY from GoDaddy? How can I trust it?!" And I thought this was a great solution. Now we have a title, people can see "Oh, I can't edit mine, they have theirs edited, it must be legit." I checked everyone I edited to make sure they really were a member of that group, not just by their emails, but by checking companies about pages, or emailing them directly. Or in the case of the DreamHost folks, shouting "Hey, is that you?"

Interestingly many of us have had custom titles long before we were mods, but that's why the majority of mods now have titles that say things like "Support Ninja / Moderator" - to make it more clear.

(I was a Half-Elf Support Rogue for about 2 months before James modded me.)