[wp-forums] Reviews vs. Support

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Tue Mar 5 13:08:21 UTC 2013

Yet another case-in-point:
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/messed-up-database

Look, I'm a small-fry Plugin developer. It's more a nuisance than anything.
But 3 out of 3 "reviews" that I've gotten for Plugins and Theme have been
bogus; and 2 of those are misplaced support topics. Extrapolate that to the
major, popular Plugins, and it doesn't scale very well.

If developers are trusted enough to host their code on WPORG, they should
be trusted enough to moderate their own support/review forums, including
moving misplaced support topics from "reviews" to "support". (And "did you
ask for support first?" should absolutely be a valid criterion before
leaving a bad review.)