[wp-forums] Twitter ain't .ORG

Jan Dembowski jan at dembowski.net
Sun Jul 21 10:47:16 UTC 2013

On Sun, Jul 21, 2013 at 6:35 AM, Andrew2.Nevins wrote:

> Can this be said about all stuff we moderate on forums? Recently I've been
> stepping into threads a lot without contributing anything and telling
> people to create their own threads.

That's helping too as people often either interfere with someone else's
topic or reply to one that's been resolved already.

> I think we should change our custom titles to something that says we're
> more towards helping than moderating.

I'm pretty sure we're both. The custom title is about fun IMHO but I don't
think there's a ratio to helping/moderating.

Helping someone to resolve their issue is more satisfying but steering
users in the right direction or even dealing with forum spam (GAH) is still
positive and helping.

Thanks,

Jan Dembowski