[wp-forums] Whomever edited GoogleTrademarks's post...

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Tue Jul 16 17:08:43 UTC 2013

While I (IANAL) find the "market confusion" claim to be dubious, and the
claim of trademark infringement to be specious (there is no commerce
involved in WPORG-hosted Plugins, and as far as I know, Google has no
competing commercial WordPress Plugins), the use of acronyms is explicitly
prohibited in Google's Trademark usage policy:
http://www.google.com/permissions/trademark/rules.html