[wp-forums] Security expert posting exploits

Mika A Epstein ipstenu at ipstenu.org
Wed Jan 30 23:01:57 UTC 2013

Julio, it's an issue of public vs private disclosure.

If you tell everyone 'hey, there's a XSS here!' then you're making a
possible expliot public, and that just isn't cool.

The BEST thing is to tell the devs private, if at all possible. Most of
them have their URLs in the readme.txt, and generally we have contact
pages ;)

Either way, always email plugins at wordpress.org so I can hit them with a
hammer.