[wp-forums] Hack Repair Guy?

Mika A Epstein ipstenu at ipstenu.org
Fri Jan 25 18:28:34 UTC 2013

I removed his advertising.

Self promotion is a weird thing. If someone says "I'm hacked, halp!" and
he replies "I'm for hire, here." that's ... not really a bad thing. I
mean if that's his ONLY reply, then it's a small issue. We'd rather
people help on the forums, like "You need to change your passwords and
delete the hacked files. <basic directions>. If you need more help, I'm
for hire..."

That's good advertising AND helping, and strikes me as okay. Or if he
spent a lot of time helping, and once in a while said he was for hire.

it's when every post is an advert I get snippy.

Looking into those posts, he's actually okay (unless y'all have been
editing them). He has a LOT of helpful posts :)

(I ran into him before looking for hacked companies for a work reason,
and I remain unimpressed by his website)