[wp-forums] Does Giving Yourself Moderator Status on Forums Create Trouble?

mrmist listswpforum at mist.org.uk
Sat Jan 12 07:20:48 UTC 2013

On 12/01/2013 00:04, Andrew2.Nevins wrote:
> Is it more trouble to give your profile the status of a Moderator than just a Member?
> As in, do you receive more abuse from forums while using the Moderator status?

The only difference I've ever noticed is that you get the occassional
off-forum email about forum-related things. (Most likely because there's
no PM system or central way to privately contact a specific mod on the
forums.)

On-forum "abuse" is fairly easily contained with the moderation tools
available.

mrmist.