[wp-forums] User asking for login info

esmi at quirm dot net esmi at quirm.net
Fri Jan 11 10:22:43 UTC 2013

on 11/01/2013 09:28 Robert Lusby said the following:
> The user at the end of this post is asking for a users site login info to
> assist. I done this and got blasted recently (quite rightly in hindsight):
>
> http://wordpress.org/support/topic/add-media-works-sometimes-very-freakin-annoying

Nicely spotted :-)

However, if it's Otto Or Nacin asking, we're fine with it. They're core
devs on the hunt for specific scenarios that might trigger a previously
unknown WP core bug.

Generally speaking, anyone whose title isn't "Member" is a mod/admin and
they're the kind of folks who would never ask for a login unless it was
Really Important and/or could otherwise benefit the wider community. It
happens very rarely but overall, we can trust 'em.

Thanks for being alert, though. I hope you didn't feel too "blasted"
when you were involved.

esmi
--
http://quirm.net