[wp-forums] Would This Benefit Moderators?

Jan Dembowski jan at dembowski.net
Thu Jan 3 19:36:34 UTC 2013

On Thu, Jan 3, 2013 at 2:28 PM, Aaron Nimocks wrote:

> I think it would be better to put in a star system available to the public
> that way everyone can help rank the threads and it can be more community
> driven.

That's one thing that I would vote a huge "no" to. Everyone get's support
and having something like this public would just have people trying to game
the system to get their topic more visibility.

We do delete bumps you know. ;)

As an idea for a moderator tool to see "hot" topics this _may_ be
interesting. But if it were publicly viewable I think people would be more
inclined to get miffed that their topic was not marked "HOT".

I mean, it's always hot to the original poster...

Jan Dembowski

P.S. I thought this list was where we flag the "keep an eye on this thing"
items?