[wp-forums] Blocking replies to diget emails

James Huff james at automattic.com
Sun Feb 24 09:27:19 UTC 2013

I understand, I'm just not sure what the problem is. Folks who only get
digests see something they want to reply to, and they send a reply. It's
never really caused any problems on the wp-forums list before.

I just don't think the likelihood of a problem is big enough for us to
block the ability to reply to digests. It seems like the lack of
participation from folks confused by the inability to reply to a digest
would be more detrimental than the minor annoyance of having a thread based
around a digest.

On Sunday, February 24, 2013, Daniel Fenn wrote:

> I think you may be confused, what's happens is that one will get daily
> digest witch is not a problem in itself but it when people reply to
> those emails instead of creating a new fresh email.
>
> On 2/24/13, James Huff <james at automattic.com <javascript:;>> wrote:
> > Why would we do that? Some members only follow through the digest emails.
> >
> > On Saturday, February 23, 2013, Daniel Fenn wrote:
> >
> >> Just wondering if there any chance that we can set those wp-* lists so
> >> that if anyone try to reply it will bounce back or just get blocked
> >> and just wont make it to our mailbox.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Regards,
> >> Daniel Fenn