[wp-forums] Troll

esmi at quirm dot net esmi at quirm.net
Thu Feb 7 22:32:39 UTC 2013

on 07/02/2013 21:36 Andrew2.Nevins said the following:
> What has she contributed, at least 100,000 posts?

Please don't. I look awful when I blush!

I particularly liked the "then it turns out that they a) lied". And I
thought it was just me sitting here muttering "I don't think I believe
you" at various points throughout the day. To the extent that, in the
worst cases, I've actually started asking "Can we see the site using
2012...all plugins deactivated... blah blah?". It's truly amazing how
many people either never respond or suddenly find - oh - this time when
they deactivated their plugins, <foo> started working again.

I get that people are attached to their current theme. I understand that
plugins may provide some "essential" functionality on their site. But
what on earth do they expect us to suggest? Turn around 3 times
widdershins whilst chanting "Abracadabra"?

I think my mantra for February is "There is no such thing as a magic
bullet".

And, yes, I freely admit that I do copy'n'paste a lot. I even have a
nice little app that stores tons of clippings for me that I've built up
over the years and tweak constantly. Pasting is a darn sight faster than
typing and means that I can respond to (and hopefully help) a lot more
people than I could if I hand typed every identical response. But apart
from the odd brain hiccup, I never paste mindlessly. I always try to
read first and consider what the best response might be. If the best
response happens to be copy-pasta, so be it.

And one big plus for copy-pasta is that it stops you losing your temper
when you have to effectively say the same thing for the 3rd time in one
topic! :-)

Thank you, Otto, for your considered reply.

Mel--
http://quirm.net
http://blackwidows.co.uk