[wp-forums] Best channel for issue with external jQuery UI library

Mika A Epstein ipstenu at ipstenu.org
Fri Feb 1 18:05:44 UTC 2013

If you filed the bug with jQuery then that's really the right place.

Have they accepted it as an actual bug and are working on it? If so,
that would be what a good trac ticket would be: This is the bug, jquery
UI 1.9.x fixes it.

Otherwise, we're sort of waiting on them too. I don't know if a trac for
this is jumping the gun.

(Nacin/Otto, I know you lurk here. Ideas?)

Mar Ventus wrote:

> There seems to be a bug in jQuery UI 1.9.1 and above, up to 1.10.0. I
> stumbled upon this while working on an update for Ultimate Tinymce that I
> am now co-developing with Josh Lobe.
> Dragging during sorting elements can become very unstable when using those
> versions of jQuery UI. I created a little testing
> platform<http://elblawg.com/jqueryui-test/>to show what the issue is.
> Try loading any UI versions above 1.9.0 and
> dragging the icons back and forth (sometimes the issue appears after a
> couple of page reloads, despite the fact the script change does kick in).
> I have already submitted a ticket on jQuery UI and a Commit on GitHub, but
> I was wondering if something should be done on the WP side of things since
> latest versions (3.5 and 3.5.1) have been shipping with UI 1.9.2, one of
> the problem versions.
> I don't mind submitting a ticket to Trac about this at all, but wanted to
> make sure it was the right thing to do.
>
> Marv
>

> On Fri, Feb 1, 2013 at 3:22 PM, Mika A Epstein<ipstenu at ipstenu.org> wrote:
>

>> Generally trac if it's a bug.
>>
>> What's the possible issue?
>>
>> Mar Ventus wrote:
>>

>>> BTW, it seems I was a little sleepy when I wrote that, but I meant
>>> "in the
>>> last version of WP", i.e., 3.5.1, even though I believe this also
>>> affected
>>> 3.5 as well.