[wp-forums] We are not the theme police

Mika A Epstein ipstenu at ipstenu.org
Thu Aug 22 23:42:59 UTC 2013

No, but it's something we should all feel free to talk about together,
publicly, as well. When Chris mentioned it to me, I said it could be
mailed here, because it's often a touch point for a lot of confusion,
angst, and frustration. I felt bringing it up again as a group was
probably due.

It happens, we're human. It's a good thing to discusses now and then,
because we all need reminders that there is a difference between our
personal ethics, and how we interpret what something is and isn't.

I say this a lot... Text SUCKS as a medium to get across your point. If
it was perfect, we wouldn't have lit majors who spend their lives trying
to figure out what the author meant! (and right now someone things I'm
angry when I typed it, and in truth I'm smiling and shaking my head at
the complexities of the whole thing... like I said, poor medium)

But we need to remember it sucks and that that into consideration when
telling someone where they can get help for a purchased theme. Among
other things...