[wp-forums] What is the "modlook" tag for?

Jan Dembowski jan at dembowski.net
Sun Aug 4 11:45:05 UTC 2013

On Sun, Aug 4, 2013 at 7:22 AM, Andrew2.Nevins wrote:

> I don't think the description of the "modlook" tag on Codex describes what
> the tag is actually for.
> http://codex.wordpress.org/Forum_Welcome#Contacting_the_Moderators

**Drinks more coffee, mutters about the Elixir of Life**

IMHO the modlook tag should only be for reporting forum topics such as spam
and/or members behaving abusively.

In Oliver's plugin question I didn't want him using that tag because not
all moderators are on the plugin team.

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/adopt-already-deleted-wporg-plugins

Contacting the moderators that way (also IMHO) wasn't really a good idea
because he doesn't really have a forum problem as much as he just wanted to
get quick attention on his plugin adoption problem.

I don't think members should use that tag just when they want a quick
reply. That would water down that tag to the point of uselessness.

> As in, for example, it doesn't say anything about using the tag only for
> threads that are going against the rules.

I'm not sure that verbiage needs updating as it's not really abused that
much at this time. If someone does have verbiage to improve the description
then that could be discussed on this list. The Codex is editable after
all...

Thanks,

Jan Dembowski