[wp-forums] Fwd: Important: Major Server Outages, including HostGator and BlueHost

Daniel danielx386 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 23:49:01 UTC 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: WPSecurityLock <info at wpsecuritylock.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 15:43:11 -0400
Subject: Important: Major Server Outages, including HostGator and BlueHost
To: Daniel Fenn <danielx386 at gmail.com>

Hi Daniel

An important note let you know what is going on with a major
hosting account outage right now.

HostGator, BlueHost, HostMonster, iPage and many more hosting
companies are owned by their parent company, EIG (Endurance
International Group). Their main data center is in Utah and is
experiencing major network connectivity issues and a countless
number of customers sites and emails are down. This issue started
at 2:44am CST this morning and has continued for most of the day.
Just when the site comes back up, it goes down again.

To see a list of hosting companies EIG owns and may be affected go
http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=Damlt&m=3VhfrbWS4DUFjSR&b=yHCYf8O2rEOBbkgrVOSZ1Q.

Note: EIG may have bought more companies since it's publication on
January 19, 2013 so I am not sure if it's a complete list or not.

The outage has nothing to do with WordPress, it's a data center
outage that hosts tons of websites, email, and databases.

Outage updates: I am posting things as they come in at Facebook at
http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=Damlt&m=3VhfrbWS4DUFjSR&b=NrbOoGMZUwH69DFbpFkLkA

====================

HOW I AM AVOIDING THIS FROM HAPPENING TO ME AGAIN

I have been hosting with HostGator for years and many of my
websites are down right now. This is very frustrating for both me
personally and business wise.  And for those that want to visit my
site or contact me via email - they can't.

Since HostGator has had migration and hosting issues at the new
data center the past month or so and now they have major network
outages, I have made a big decision. I am leaving HostGator and
moving my sites to a more reliable hosting company that is not
owned by EIG.

Why did I make that decision other than the fact that I am pulling
my hair out? Because HostGator is missing something that my new
hosting company has - a backup server!

Gary Cornelisse is my go-to guy for my hosting needs and I reached
out to him this morning. He is setting up my new hosting account
that has a "magic switch" so if one server fails my site(s) will
load on another. Woohoo! I am excited that I won't have to deal
with this issue in the future.

If you would like Gary's help (I highly recommend him) to move your
sites to a new server,
go to http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=Damlt&m=3VhfrbWS4DUFjSR&b=Di8hhuXmMdJ8KW0u5KhQFg.

You can order his WordPress Migration Service directly or ask him a
question by filling out his Contact Form.

Just FYI, Gary has been getting filled with migration orders and
he's doing his best to get everyone moved ASAP. So if you're
interested, be sure to get your order in now so you're next in line.

Have more than one site? Sign-up for Gary's WordPress Migration
service now and then send him the list of your additional sites to
move afterwards. He has agreed to do a discount for $50 for each
additional site to move and will invoice you for the remainder
later.

Get it at http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=Damlt&m=3VhfrbWS4DUFjSR&b=Di8hhuXmMdJ8KW0u5KhQFg.

Securely yours,

Regina Smola
WordPress Security Expert
http://www.wpsecuritylock.com
http://safewp.com
http://facebook.com/wpsecuritylock
http://twitter.com/WPSecurityLock
Get Support Now http://www.wpsecuritylock.com/contact/
Phone: 815-200-WPSL (9775)

P.S. My sites will be moved over to the new server before I get to
NAMS10 [ http://clicks.aweber.com/y/ct/?l=Damlt&m=3VhfrbWS4DUFjSR&b=zIt68T3IQ7t2r0SuCs31CQ
] in Atlanta
(Tuesday).
P.O. Box 212, Davis Junction, IL 61020-0212, USA

To unsubscribe or change subscriber options visit:
http://www.aweber.com/z/r/?jKyMTCxs7LQs7OyMnBzsrLRGtIycbCxMbGyc

--
Regards,
Daniel Fenn