[wp-forums] Can someone put this guy in his place?

Jan Dembowski jan at dembowski.net
Thu Apr 25 17:54:19 UTC 2013

On Thu, Apr 25, 2013 at 1:44 PM, Aaron Nimocks <aaron_nimocks at yahoo.com>wrote:

> I don't believe anyone could offer a solution until he is willing to do
> the basic trouble shooting steps which he apparently does not want to do.
> But yes I agree, maybe leave it open and not reply until he has did his
> part first.

Nah. He just needs to walked back to his comfort zone and calm down a bit.
The circular back and forth needed to stop and closing that one down was
the right thing to do.

He says he doesn't want to switch because that leads to him doing a lot of
work fixing it afterwards. OK then: he just needs to do the full DB and
file backups and get ready to restore. That may take a lot of talking and
hand holding to get him away from that ledge but backing up isn't really
that hard to do, neither is restoring.

Once he gets that he a) has a safety net and b) can go back to square one
in a few minutes then maybe he'll become open to doing those
troubleshooting steps. If he's convinced he can do that then maybe he'll be
willing to work it out with us.

Or may not, you don't have to reply to every topic posted...

Thanks,

Jan Dembowski