[wp-forums] Editing Forum Sticky Posts?

Gary Gale gary at vicchi.org
Fri Sep 28 14:46:52 UTC 2012

I try to keep a close eye on the forums for the couple of plugins I've written and the (not so) new concept of sticky posts is an excellent one. So I've set up a sticky post along the lines of "please read this first before posting" detailing plugin specific information which makes dealing with support threads so much easier ... assuming people read the sticky post first that is!

But over time, that information isn't as up to date as it can be. I could unset the sticky flag and gradually let the post float downwards as people post new stuff and create a new sticky post to supercede the original ... but is there any way I can edit/update a sticky post that I've posted (and which is on a forum for a plugin that I've written)?

I'm expecting the answer to be "no, that's not the way the forums code works" but there's (hopefully) no harm in asking ...

-Gary

--
gary at vicchi.org | twitter.com/vicchi | www.linkedin.com/in/garygale | www.garygale.com