[wp-forums] Ethical Obligations for WordPress Users

Mar Ventus marventus.wp at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 23:27:38 UTC 2012

I think I see what's bothering Andrew about that post, and if he's right,
it would not be a matter of morality but legality.
If the site is just a *façade* and no money is being donated, we would be
talking about plain fraud here. If you do the math, according to the
information provided by the user, we are talking about over half a million
bucks yearly.
What is extremely odd here is that if you do a reverse image search on the
users' picture, the only site that comes up is WP.org, which means he is
only using his avatar on WP, even though he claims to be subscribed to or
involved in other "tech communities".
I have a very bad feeling about this one, but maybe it's me just being...
well... Me, hahahaha.
I think it would be a good idea to keep track of that thread and the OP as
well.
Cheers to everyone!

Marv