[wp-forums] dealing with fundamental CSS, PHP, and HTML topics?

Jan Dembowski jan at dembowski.net
Thu Oct 4 10:09:46 UTC 2012

On Thu, Oct 4, 2012 at 5:30 AM, Michael Stolze wrote:

> I suggest to add a sentence or two to the forum rules (not that anybody
> ever reads them before posting) to set in more details what questions
> should (or should not) be asked in this forum (similar to what they have at
> the WPSE http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/faq )

+1 for adding a couple of sentences.

Some of the questions are acceptable such as how do I remove "Leave a
Reply" or modify the margin or padding and I think those aren't bad at all.
I don't think those necessarily should get "See a CSS forum" right off the
bat.

But a couple of sentences in the Forum Welcome page along the lines "CSS
customization is outside of the scope of these WordPress software support
forums, for more generic formatting support see a CSS forum" wouldn't hurt.
If a topic started getting deep into CSS customization (again) then that
could get pointed to as a reference.

Jan Dembowski