[wp-forums] Spam!

mrmist listswpforum at mist.org.uk
Fri Nov 30 20:00:06 UTC 2012

On 30/11/2012 19:21, Otto wrote:
> Also, if you have blocked anybody before I said this, then please go
> back and unblock them. Leave those accounts marked as "Member".
> Thanks.

This is the first time I've seen anyone mention that people should not
be blocked. I've been setting accounts to blocked for years.  Where an
account is just used for automated spam leaving it as an active bozo
means it can continue to inject spam into the spam bucket, which someone
then has to clean up.  I don't really see a good reason to let that
happen, but perhaps I'm missing something.

mrmist.