[wp-forums] wp-cron issue

esmi at quirm dot net esmi at quirm.net
Wed May 9 10:43:16 UTC 2012

Anyone come across a situation where wp-cron isn't firing? Trying to
help someone from the forums who moved to email (by invitation).

Vanilla 3.3.2 install with the exception of Akismet and 2 backup-related
plugins (both well tested and requiring wp-cron).

Apart from the 2 backup-related plugins not firing, post scheduling also
isn't working, so it definitely looks like a wp-cron problem. The only
thing I can find in the host's documentation is that they claim to block
  xmlrpc.php (for "security reasons") - yet publishing via email works
just fine! If there is a link between xmlrpc.php and wp-cron.php, I've
missed it.

Still trying to get my hands on some error logs.

Ring any bells with anyone?

esmi
--
http://quirm.net