[wp-forums] B-Coded user

Mika A Epstein ipstenu at ipstenu.org
Sun Jul 29 02:23:15 UTC 2012

>> Would it be silly to require they pass a little 5-item multiple-choice
>> quiz before they could sign up?
>>
> That is not a bad idea at all. Another possibility could be a redirection,
> upon registration, to the Forum Welcome Codex article.
>
> I agree with the verdict that most people don't even bother with the Codex
> (be it forum guidelines or How To articles), and some of them even get
> offended when you point them to one. I think I would actually add this one
> as a #4 on Paul's list.

I don't think it'd matter. They won't read. It's a universal truth that people don't read, or they'd pay attention to plugins and themes which say 'Support is located on <other site>.' or even how the plugin/theme works.

The more hoops you make someone go through to register, the less happy they are, too. Maybe a welcome email, though... "Hello, and thankyou for registering on the WordPress forums."