[wp-forums] Temp Bozo'd 'SwansonPhotos'

Mika A Epstein ipstenu at ipstenu.org
Sun Jan 29 16:13:19 UTC 2012

None at all that I see.

The plugins repo doesn't have a PRT as it were, so there's no easy way to handle suspensions publicly. Yet. (I know, Jane said a revamp is on the list ;) I wait with bouncing on my couch.) Certainly this should be a part of any revamp, though, a way to explain to people what to do, and how to handle, plugin removal when it's not YOUR plugin.

Right now it's a black hole "Hey, Plugin ABC went away!" and I have no idea if more are removed for dumb spamming things or serious security issues. I would assume dumb over evil, personally, but I'd like to think people are decent at heart.

For themes, if a theme's yanked for security issues, I'd think it makes sense to disclose it. "Bob's theme made unwarranted calls to spammyspammer.com" etc. But if it's just 'There's no archives page' or such, that's just ... no something to 'waste time' on. Not that the general Joe reads the Make Themes pages, mind you, so I don't know how helpful that'd be except for forum mods (which is reason enough for me ;) ).

----
Mika A Epstein (aka Ipstenu)
http://ipstenu.org