[wp-forums] What do we think of this topic - asking for designers?

Jane Wells jane at automattic.com
Thu Feb 2 12:19:12 UTC 2012

On 2/2/12 6:41 AM, Michael Atkins wrote:
> http://wordpress.org/support/topic/talented-wordpress-designers-wanted
>
> This topic smells a bit spammy to me - he's probably posted it to try to drive traffic to his commercial theme shop (which I've never heard of). By getting people to make some free child themes (presumably for no pay) he's setting himself up in competition to the WordPress.org theme directory. The themes at his site are GPL, but it does feel like it goes against the purpose of the forum.

Agreed. It's basically asking people to do work, which is what jobs is
for, or contribute to their project (depending how you look at it),
which they can use hackers for. The closest appropriate .org forum would
be Strut Your Stuff, but that's not really right either.

It's really just a classified ad, and that's not what the support forums
are for. I would suggest someone delete the thread and contact the OP to
explain why.