[wp-forums] All those ancient WP installs - GoDaddy & PHP5

Amy Hendrix sabreuse at gmail.com
Wed Aug 29 16:29:56 UTC 2012

There's a whole slew of new posts in the last day or so from people
running very old WP versions (one was on 2.0!) whose sites have been
spewing lots of deprecated notices or failing to load altogether
without them having changed anything.

The common thread is that they're all on GoDaddy, which has just
pulled the plug on PHP4. In addition to advising them to upgrade and
keep up to date, I've also been pointing them to GD support in the
cases where they're unable to get into their sites -- I figure it's
GD's upgrade that caused the immediate issue, and they have some
information posted about the transition. A lot of these folks will
also end up needing to get familiar with their cpanels anyway, since
they come from the land before auto-updates.