[wp-forums] Thread layout borked

Francisco de Azevedo frandeazevedo at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 11:10:40 UTC 2012

Hi Esmi,
Thanks for your great response. It is indeed, like the British would put
it, "quite a pickle".
Here's what I'm thinking could be done, and only if there's enough
consensus about this being a problem and whether or not it should be
addressed:
*1.* Increase the amount of code lines to a number that would be big enough
for people to explain their issues and for contributors and mods to post
solutions to problems (for instance, I find myself having to use Pastebin
pretty frequently when I'm actually trying to help someone with an issue)
but not as big so as to allow people to past entire files;
*2.* Keep a tight list of allowed html tags that would prevent posts
containing any other tags to get published;
*3. *Make code boxes collapsable (closed by default) so as to keep threads
neat and readable; for this, you can use jQuery UI, which I know ships with
WP but I don't know if it does with BB Press
*4.* For code which exceeds the limit, either leave it as is (manual paste
on Pastebin) or look into the Pastebin's API.
 Of course, you can count with my help to implement and or beta-try any of
these features.
How feasible do you think this is?

Oh, those of you who have certain webpages blocked at work, have you tried
connecting through a proxy server using Tor or any other proxy
server/software?