[wp-forums] This is a little cheeky but...

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Wed Sep 28 16:25:30 UTC 2011

262144 bytes = 256K which is actually the PHP default memory_limit setting.

If the memory_limit is set to something invalid or insane in the INI
file, then PHP will ignore it and use the default 256K setting.

So double check that memory_limit setting in the INI. One case where I
saw this, the setting was set to "128MB" which is invalid, because
it's supposed to be "128M"... no B.

-Otto