[wp-forums] Forum Statistics?

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Mon Sep 26 15:55:46 UTC 2011

I apologize if this is off-topic. Feel free to set me straight if it is. :)

I'm curious if anyone can give me an approximation of the number of posts,
topics, and posters in the WPORG forums? Just based on the front-page
numbers, I get about 2.4MM posts in 588,000 topics, but can find no way to
approximate the total number of posters.

Thanks in advance!

Chip

p.s. in case anyone is wondering: I'm doing a quick audit to challenge a
recent assertion that WordPress has a small community relative to Joomla and
Drupal<http://www.cssreflex.com/2011/09/wordpress-joomla-drupal-comparison-of-all-3-cms.html/>
.