[wp-forums] Publicize notice appearing on ,org sites

Jane Wells jane at automattic.com
Thu Sep 22 11:49:55 UTC 2011

On 9/22/11 7:21 AM, Jane Wells wrote:
> On 9/22/11 7:12 AM, esmi at quirm dot net wrote:
>> <http://wordpress.org/support/topic/you-could-turn-on-publicize-whats-that-about>
>>

>> I've seen a couple of these over the past day or so. Anyone know why
>> a notice to use a wordpress.com service is appearing on .org sites?
> Maybe he has Jetpack installed?
To clarify, I think it's a newly introduced Jetpack bug. Checked around
and heard there's a recent update that loads stats html from .com, am
guessing it's not doing a check to see if the site in question is .com
or Jetpack, and that the stats screen is where he's seeing the notice.
Could be totally wrong, but have reported to the Jetpack team and asked
them to investigate.