[wp-forums] Taxonomy nomenclature and Media functionality issues

esmi at quirm dot net esmi at quirm.net
Tue May 10 22:27:18 UTC 2011

<http://wordpress.org/support/topic/problem-selecting-images-from-media-library-while-editing-pages>

OP created 2 new CPTs with the taxonomy of "type" and promptly started
to have problems with some of the Media functionality.

Now I don't have that much experience with CPTs (never come across a
decent reason to use them, tbh) but I suggested he changed the taxonomy
name to something a little less generic. Sure enough, the Media problems
vanished.

He's now asking if it is possible to add a custom taxonomy called
"etype" but give it the label "Type" for rewrite purposes.

But was the problem an artefact of his taxonomy nomenclature (in which
case, is this a bug?) or was it because he's using a CTP UI plugin?
Would his new suggestion cause any problems?

Anyone else want to jump in here?

Mel
--
http://quirm.net