[wp-forums] Added com vs org warning to the forum welcome

James Huff james at automattic.com
Thu Mar 10 10:19:53 UTC 2011

On Mar 10, 2011, at 2:10 AM, esmi at quirm dot net wrote:

> On a related note, there seems to have been an minor increase in .com related posts. Some of which looked like a spate of deliberate site pimping the other day.

Oye, that is a pain. We do see a fair amount of .org blog pimpage in the .com forums too, but we have a bot that (usually) automatically replies if you list a non-wp.com blog. I wonder if the opposite could be adapted for the .org forums.

> Some of us did note the almost direct correlation between cakes & Vienna there... ;-)

I noticed, unfortunately, I'll never be able to eat a regular chocolate cake again. :(

________
James Huff
http://macmanx.com
http://automattic.com