[wp-forums] Spam and Bozo

Rich Pedley elfin at elfden.co.uk
Mon Jan 24 11:56:57 UTC 2011

Are not the same thing, so why are they being treated as if they are?

Having them in one queue is perhaps an easy way to deal with them,
that's why. but when you are trying to sort out spam from false
positives, and bozo posts it really doesn't help.

(yes I've just cleared the queue for a second time with 40+ posts in
it this morning)

But what solutions can there be? well we tend not to do anything with
known spammers other than mark them as bozo, and akismet never trust
(yay). So is it time to start deleting/blocking their accounts? or
would another option be better like - this person is a known spammer,
lets just mark posts as spam, _and_ automatically delete.

Thoughts?

Rich