[wp-forums] Proposal: No URL shorteners?

Mika A Epstein ipstenu at ipstenu.org
Mon Jan 3 01:11:52 UTC 2011

Not for all links, mind you, but like if you're telling someone 'read this article for help', can anyone come up with a reason why THAT url should be bit.ly'd?

The possibility for unethical spammy linking runs wild in my head...

I can get someone doing it to obfuscate their own URL, but even then, I can see Google parsing those via the api's anyway, so it still shows up with link juice from Twitter and other sites.

----
Mika A Epstein (aka Ipstenu)
http://ipstenu.org