[wp-forums] This one could do with an informed response.

Joni Mueller joni at jonimueller.com
Fri Sep 24 14:43:23 UTC 2010

Well, if the same themes have been "featured" for years, with no rotating around, then I don't think it's necessarily fair to say "sour grapes" are involved.  I notice the featured theme authors aren't complainin' too much are they? ;)

The themes section has needed revamping for years; recall the "ratings" fiasco.  Popular themes have an algorithm for being placed there; the most downloaded float to the top of that list.

There needs to be rhyme or reason for a theme showing up as a Featured Theme and the reasoning for it should be transparent. I agree with that.

Maybe doing away with the "Featured Themes" section until it can be revamped -- which is apparently in progress if I read correctly? -- is the answer? Sure would keep these kind of "sour grapes" threads from popping up.

And how long has this section been "being revamped"? A few years at least, no?

Not trying to make waves; just making an observation.

Joni Mueller
Pixelita Designs
Web Design | Graphic Design | Copywriting
http://www.pixelita.com
joni at pixelita.com